Copyright © Hello from Davao.
Design by Dzignine
Welcome and HELLO FROM DAVAO - a lifestyle blog about my life and travels in and around Davao and Mindanao. I love sharing my own inside tips and must-see things for the small pocket money. Enjoy the the warm breeze from the south.

Eating at Bankerohan: Indulging in the Local Cuisine

Bankerohan market is the palengke of all markets in the region and a local sightseeing point.

Ever since, there has been my favourite carinderia of the entire city. It is a quite hidden place in the inner portion of the considered to be the biggest market in Visaya-Mindanao area.

Just ask your way to the fruit market, watch out for the pomelo stands and walk all the way inside.





Honestly, it might take you a certain degree of overcoming your inner inhibitions. Why, you might wonder. Many times we have learned that the design of the eating place reflects the quality of the food. Yet, here my friends, you will be proven wrong. Many of my friends called it crappy and rocked-down. And yes, I have to agree. But once you seat down and ordered their specialties like a soup of Hinalang (a very hot broth soup with more little chili, vegetables and Baka meat), Balbacua (an orange colored soup with Baka meat and bones), Bulalo, Corizo (Spanish sausage) and Crispy Pata (friend pork) are a few to mention of their specialtie.

Every now and then, it would take me there with my boyfriend and friends. A fun place for the small pocket money, yet to fill up your hunger to the brim. A must-see and must-ate for all visitors.

Only if you have gone and allowed to indulge yourself into the local way of cuisine, you are allowed to call yourself a Davaoeno.







Yesterday, I took my parents there just to show them the place. My dad was cheerful and said we should try immediately, while my mom wrinkled her nose (and SHE IS in fact a Filipina) which made us laugh. After the good food, a good chitchat with the staff, we were all happy and headed home. I would say they passed with flying colors.








Hinalang soup

READ ALSO: Finding the real locals: Bankerohan Public Market

READ ALSO: Bisaya: How to huggle like a local

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello from Davao.

Hello from Davao.

Hello from Davao.

Hello from Davao.

Hello from Davao.

Hello from Davao.